From The Depths Fishing
Effective July 1, 2022
Angler Participation Agreement and Release of Liability
HAVING ACQUAINTED MYSELF WITH THE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS IN THIS DOCUMENT, I UNDERSTAND I MUST SIGN AND DATE A COMPLETED PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT AT REGISTRATION PRIOR TO PARTICPATING IN THS EVENT AND ALSO COMPLETE THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM BY THE DEADLINE DATES PROVIDED BY FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. MY REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT AND ACCEPTANCE OF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT MY APPLICATION FOR ANY REASON AND, UPON SUCH REJECTION, TO REFUND THE DEPOSIT OR ENTRY FEE.
P1. COMPLIANCE WITH RULES
By signing this agreement, I (also referred to as “Angler”) hereby agree to be bound by and comply with all Tournament Rules, the Code of Conduct, payment schedules and all other guidelines and regulations in the 2021 FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series rules or otherwise communicated to me in writing by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. I also certify that I am a member in good standing with FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., I am physically fit and that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in the tournament series.
P2. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION
2.1. I expressly assume all risks associated with my participation in the tournament series and for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I hereby waive, release and discharge FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., LLC, its affiliates and subsidiaries, the hosts, sponsors and tournament series officials (“Released Parties”) from any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including without limitation, attorney’s fees and related costs), of any kind (hereinafter “Claims”) arising out of or in connection with my participation in the tournament series, including but not limited to Claims involving, death, disability, personal injury and/or property damage. I hereby INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the Released Parties for any and all Claims arising as a result of my participation in this Tournament. I acknowledge that this Tournament may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and personal loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by water conditions, temperature, weather, equipment, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, and spectators. This release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
2.2. I shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties against all Claims, whether or not a lawsuit or other proceeding is filed, to the extent that they arise out of : (1) my breach of the terms of this Agreement, (2) gross negligence, or willful misconduct by me, my agents or those acting on my behalf; (3) my violation of any applicable law, ordinance, rule, or regulation, including but not limited to all rules and guidelines applicable to tournament events; (4) breach of any warranty provided by me to Released Parties hereunder. I shall provide FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. with prompt notice of any claim and give complete control of its defense and settlement to FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. I shall also cooperate in all reasonable respects with FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. its insurance company, the Released Parties (as applicable) and their legal counsel in the defense of such claim. If I fail to promptly indemnify and defend a covered claim, the Released Parties shall have the right to defend themselves, and in such case, I shall promptly reimburse the Released Parties, for all of their associated costs and expenses.
P3. GRANT OF RIGHTS
3.1. I hereby irrevocably grant permission to FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries, the successors of each of the foregoing, and each of their respective agents, licensees, and assigns and those acting under their permission or upon their authority (collectively, the “Licensees”), in perpetuity, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up license to reproduce, display, exhibit, publish, broadcast, distribute, and otherwise use, and permit others to use, my name, image, nickname, initials, symbols, likeness, signature, photograph, voice, statements, biographical material, and any and all attributes of my personality and appearance (collectively, my “Identity”) in materials created in connection with my participation in FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING SERIES EVENTS (collectively, the “Materials”), alone or with other materials, in connection with the promotion of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., LLC and any tournaments or other events staged by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., LLC, in any and all manner and media now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, in print, on television programs, websites owned by or affiliated with the Licensees, on third-party websites, in social media channels, in public relations materials and for any lawful purpose in its sole discretion. During tournaments I agree to promptly and fully comply with all filming, camera location and other rules, guidelines and instructions of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.
3.2. I hereby warrant that I have the right to make this release and that my granting this release and the rights conveyed thereby will not infringe the rights of any third party. I represent and warrant that I have or shall obtain any rights and permissions from all third parties sponsoring or affiliated with me needed by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. (the “Third Party Rights”) to effectuate the grant of rights set forth in paragraph 3.1. These Third Party Rights from sponsors and affiliates shall grant FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. the right to utilize such third party logos, insignia, trade dress or other intellectual property (collectively “Third Party IP”) shown in any Materials featuring me, or otherwise in connection with FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.’s use of my Identity as set forth in paragraph 3.1. Provided that such Third Party IP is only shown in conjunction with my Identity, (for example, on apparel worn by me or on items used by me), FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. shall not be required to seek approvals from such Third Parties.
3.3. I acknowledge that the Licensees have no obligation to use the Materials or my Identity. I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve any finished product or the use to which it is applied and I agree no further approval is required for the Licensees to use any Materials or my Identity and that the Licensees will not be liable to me for any distortion or illusionary effect resulting from the exhibition, publication or broadcast of the Materials or my Identity. I acknowledge and agree that no further payment or consideration will be due to me for FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.’s use of the Materials or my Identity as authorized herein.
3.4. I acknowledge that all right, title, and interest in and to the Materials, including without limitation all copyrights and trademark rights, shall be the sole and exclusive property of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. and that FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. has the unlimited right throughout the universe to edit, modify, and otherwise use such Materials. With regard to the Licensees’ exploitation of the rights granted hereunder, I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby irrevocably (a) release, discharge and waive all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature against the Licensees that I, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns had, now have, or hereafter may have, including, but not limited to, claims in the nature of copyright infringement, defamation, disparagement, slander, false light, violation of the right of privacy or publicity, or the like, and (b) covenant not to make any claims against any of the Licensees.
3.5. During tournaments, and subject to compliance with FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. guidelines, FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. hereby grants to the undersigned Angler, the right to create, use and publish Angler created materials (“Angler Materials”) such as still photos and video shot by Angler, on Angler’s website and social media channels. Angler may also live stream during a tournament, except when From The Depths Fishing LIVE has a camera in Angler’s boat. FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. reserves the right to revoke this permission at any time if FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. in its discretion believes the content is inappropriate or in any way violates other FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. rules. Angler must remove such content within two (2) hours of notification.
4.1 Contingency Programs. Contingency programs are sponsor-funded programs developed to reward competitors based on a predefined set of criteria. Participation in contingency programs is at the Angler’s discretion.
P5. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
If Angler elects to participate in other FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING sanctioned tournaments, Angler will be required to execute a Participation Agreement containing the applicable rules and regulations, code of conduct and tournament series specific content such as wrapped boat and uniform guidelines. Angler agrees to participate in programs recommended or developed by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING that promote the growth of the sport and to fully support programs intended to raise awareness of my individual angler brand and identity.
6.1 Communication. Angler must provide FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. with a current e-mail address. Angler agrees that delivery of any notice, communication, guideline or instruction to Angler via email shall constitute notice to Angler and shall comply with any notice requirements set forth herein. Angler must also provide a personal cell number capable of receiving text messages from FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.
6.2. Governing Law, Venue, and Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of Alabama, without regard to its choice of law and/or conflicts of law principles. I irrevocably agree that any disputes directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Jefferson County, Alabama. I hereby irrevocably consent to such venue and to the exclusive jurisdiction of any such court over any such dispute.
6.3. Miscellaneous. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral and/or written representations, discussions, negotiations, understandings, and/or agreements relating to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement may not be modified except by an instrument in writing signed by both parties. In signing this document, I am not relying on any promises, representations or other statements that are not contained in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND HAVE UNDERSTOOD THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND NAME AND LIKENESS RELEASE. I UNDERSTAND
THAT BY SIGNING THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE, I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. I HAVE VOLUNTARILY SIGNED THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE.
Signature: _____________________________ Print Name: ____________________________
Address: _____________________________ Date: ______________________________
City, State & Zip _______________________ Cell Phone #: ____________________________
IF THE PERSON EXECUTING THE FOREGOING RELEASE IS A MINOR, THE FOLLOWING SECTION MUST BE COMPLETED:
I represent that I am a parent or legal guardian of the minor who has signed the above Waiver and Release, and I hereby consent to the terms of the above Waiver and Release agree that we both shall be bound thereby.
Signature: _____________________________ Print Name: ____________________________
Address: _____________________________ Date: ______________________________
City, State & Zip _______________________ Cell Phone #: ___________________________
Content Usage Guidelines
FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. holds the content rights to the tournaments it owns and operates. However, FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. grants certain exceptions, including the following content rights, to tournament participants:
- Anglers may use video or still images, shot by the angler during a tournament, for promotional or marketing purposes on the Angler’s website and in social media. You may also live stream during a tournament, except when From The Depths Fishing LIVE has a camera in your boat.
- During tournaments FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. may ask to mount a POV streaming camera in a competitor’s boat (the footage may be used in FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.’s web or TV coverage). FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. may also request the Marshal operate these, or other (POV, smartphone or other) cameras. A competitor is required to comply, even if he already has a personal camera mounted in his boat. Refusing to comply may result in a penalty.
- If a competitor has a personal camera person or crew following him on the water, that person or team must not get in the way of From The Depths Fishing photographers or videographers who are covering the tournament. Off the water, they must follow the general guidelines of any media covering the tournament as set forth by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Communications.
- FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING also encourages anglers to send photos, videos and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org for exposure on Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com and our social media pages.
- In social media, you may use our hashtag #From The Depths Fishing to amplify and spread your post to our 1.6 million social fans. FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. reserves the right to revoke these exceptions, and the angler must remove the tournament-related content, if FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. in its discretion believes the content is inappropriate or in any way violates other FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. rules. FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. wants to help promote both your brand and the sport of professional bass fishing through its multimedia assets. If there are stories written about you or by you appearing on Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com, FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. grants permission to link to these stories, and any others on our website, from your website or social media pages. You may also grab photos from Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com to promote yourself. Please do credit Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com.
- The participation agreement containing the rules and regulations, will be mailed to you. In order to compete, it must be completed and may be returned to FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. LLC, Attn: Tournament Department or be completed and signed at registration the day before competition.
- Rules and Penalties
- The following rules shall apply to all FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series events except that rules for special tournaments may differ from those contained herein and these rules may be changed by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. immediately upon notice by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. to its members, which notice may be published on the FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. internet site at www.Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com. Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director or his/her designee at a tournament. In the event of a rule violation, the Tournament Director or a rules committee may impose such sanctions as deemed appropriate by them, including without limitation, disqualification, forfeiture of prizes, entry fee and prohibition from participation in subsequent tournaments. Subject to the appeal process set forth in rule 17 below, the decision of the Tournament Director, his/her designee, or the rules committee, shall be final in all matters. Except for very serious rules violations, as determined by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., and any rules that might lead to disqualification of an angler from participation in the FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series tournaments or other FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. circuits, rules violations must be reported to tournament officials within 24 hours of the final check-in on the day of the alleged violation. Penalties for rules violations may include the following:
(a) Reduction of competition hours as determined by the Tournament Director
(b) Loss of one or more fish caught in potential violation of rules or regulations.
(c) Disqualification from the tournament in question
(d) Disqualification from future FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. events, which may be from a specific number of events, a specific period of time, or may be a lifetime disqualification.
(e) Any different or additional penalties determined by the Tournament Director including but not limited to monetary fines and/or reduction of points towards championship qualification.
All Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, markings, orders, and warnings must be followed.
Violation of any laws may be cause for disqualification.
All violations of laws will be turned over to the proper authorities for investigation and possible prosecution. This includes, but is not limited to, cheating, harassment, wildlife violations, illegal drug use, and any other illegal activity.
- Participants and Eligibility
- Participation in this tournament is open only to current members of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. who are 18 years of age or older. However, employees, officers and directors of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. or its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies and members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children and sibling, regardless of where they live) are ineligible. Proof of age to the satisfaction of tournament officials is the responsibility of potential competitor.
- Competitions are mostly conducted using TourneyX®. Each angler who wishes to participate in such an event must create a, free, TourneyX user account before the first day of competition. A PROPERLY COMPLETED OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING DEPARTMENT ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE DATE. ENTRY DEADLINE DATE FOR EACH TOURNAMENT SHALL BE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIRST COMPETITION DAY OF EACH TOURNAMENT. Each calendar year prior to competing in a FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series event, all competitors must complete a W-9 and when required a FORM 590, or W-8 BEN provided by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. If tax status or address changes occur, new forms must be submitted prior to participation in the next FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. event. Tournament entry fees must be received by the FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Department on or before the entry deadline date. The Tournament Director reserves the right to discontinue acceptance of applications prior to deadline and also the right to extend the acceptance date.
- Any person under the age of 18 entering a tournament must also have permission and a signed release of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under 18 are not eligible for prizes.
- All contestants must have a valid fishing license for the waters they fish.
- OFF-LIMITS, PRACTICE AND COMPETITION
- Tournament waters will be off limits for the 5 From The Depths Fishing Kayak regionals the Saturday – Tuesday prior to each of the event dates, unless otherwise designated by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.
- Official Practice times will be posted per event subset rules. Typically will begin ½ hour prior to sunrise Wednesday until 2:00pm Friday prior to competition unless otherwise designated by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.
- All FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING Off Limits, Times, Official Practices will be announced per event. Please contact the TD with any questions.
- Contestants may not enter tournament waters for any reason after the start of the pretournament rules briefing and in between weigh-in and launch of multi-day events except during official tournament hours.
- All practice during official practice and competition must be done in a vessel in accordance to Section 8: KAYAK REGULATION. If boat is legally licensed, electric motors will be permitted. All state rules for motorized kayaks apply. Failure to comply, may result in disqualification.
- Testing equipment on tournament waters after the start of the pre-tournament meeting is NOT permitted for any reason, except with permission from the Tournament Director.
- Tournament Day / Event Launching you may not exceed 50 yards from designated launch ramp or launch location specific to each event.
- SOLICITATION of INFORMATION
- The purchasing of, or bartering for, information, from anyone, for the purpose of locating or catching fish on tournament waters, including, but not limited to, GPS waypoints (other than through commercially available sources) and the hiring of fishing guide services is not permitted during OFFICIAL PRACTICE period through the conclusion of the tournament.
- Hiring or using a guide for tournament waters within 21 days of the event is prohibited.
- During official competition, contestants may not solicit information about locating or catching fish on tournament waters from anyone except other anglers confirmed in the tournament and through publicly available sources. Quasi-public websites, blogs and/or social media pages set up for the specific purpose of sharing information with individuals or a small group of individuals are NOT publicly available sources.
- For multi day events, once tournament officials determine daily cuts, competitors not making the cut are no longer considered in the tournament, and my not be solicited for information.
- During the official competition days of the tournament a competitor may not make cell calls for the purpose of locating or catching fish on tournament waters. Cell phones may be used for emergencies, submission of your catch and to send photo’s to the blog on Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com using email address update@Www.FromTheDetphsFishing.com
- PRE-TOURNAMENT (RULES) MEETING
- It is mandatory that all contestants attend the pre-tournament check in and (RULES) briefing.
- Each contestant must check-in prior to the pre-tournament (RULES) briefing, in person, at the designated site.
- Check-in hours and locations will be announced for each individual tournament.
- Safe boating must be observed at all times.
- Each contestant is REQUIRED to wear a fastened chest type U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device while fishing from or maneuvering their kayak during tournament hours. Inflatable BELT type PFDs are not allowed.
- All Kayaks must be equipped with an emergency whistle and a 360 degree light or installed LEDs that are visible from all angles.
- At the discretion of the tournament director, tournament days may be shortened, postponed or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions.
- Competitors may leave their boat and seek shelter in bad weather or when danger is eminent.
- Competitors are expected to use sound judgement and are accountable for his/her own actions when faced with a potentially dangerous situation. (i.e. Lightning, excessive wind, pleasure boaters, hunters, etc.)
- IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, COMPETITORS SHOULD CALL 911 FIRST ANDTHEN NOTIFY TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- ANGLER CODE OF CONDUCT AND SPORTSMANSHIP
- Competitors in FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. tournaments are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification.
- Use of alcohol or the use of drugs (other than those drugs purchased over-the counter or prescribed by a licensed physician) by any competitor, during the official practice or during the tournament, will not be tolerated and shall be cause for automatic disqualification from this and all future FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. tournaments. No alcoholic beverages or prohibited drugs shall be allowed in the boats during the official practice or competition days.
- Maximum courtesy must be practiced at all times, especially with regard to boating and angling in the vicinity of non-competitors who may be on tournament waters. Any act of a competitor, which reflects unfavorably upon efforts to promote fisheries conservation, clean waters and courtesy, may be reason for disqualification.
- All competitors are bound by the prevailing statutes and regulations of the various states in which they fish. Some regulations may differ from these rules resulting in fines, citations or other penalties at the discretion of law enforcement and may or may not result in tournament penalties. Competitors are responsible for research of fishing and boating regulations.
- Anglers participating in any FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.-sanctioned event shall observe this code of conduct and the applicable rules for the specific event in which they are participating. Anglers and family members of anglers, shall, at all times, conduct themselves in a professional manner that demonstrates integrity, honor and respect toward fellow competitors, tournament staff and the general public and does not reflect unfavorably on FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., its members, officers or representatives, tournaments or sponsors.
- Anglers are frequently in the public eye and are considered role models by young people; therefore, it is imperative that tournament competitors demonstrate good sportsmanship in fishing. Sportsmanship is defined as fair play, respect for opponents and polite behavior while competing in the sport.
- Following are examples of unacceptable behavior by competitors or family members of competitors in FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. events that will be cause for penalties as outlined in this document.
- Heated public disagreements with FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING officials, other competitors and fans and volunteers during an event.
- Public attacks through media, including social media, upon the integrity of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING rules or officials.
- Public comments that an angler or family member knows, or should reasonably know, will harm the reputation of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING, officials, and or its sponsors
- Displays of anger and displeasure for reasons related to fishing competition or the event, where members of the public, including other anglers, spectators and the media, are present.
- Publicly questioning or criticizing a tournament official or official decision, ruling or penalty except through the proper channels.
- Abuse (physical, verbal, threatening or slanderous) of tournament officials, volunteers, fellow competitors or others connected with a FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. event, including comments on social media.
- Offensive or slanderous comments with racial, cultural or sexual overtones regarding event officials, event personnel or fellow anglers.
- Intentionally interfering with a fellow angler’s ability to compete, for example, working with a non-competitor to block other anglers or hold spots before or during tournament hours.
- Any disqualification, suspension or other disciplinary action imposed by any tournament or fishing organization may result in disqualification from competition and rejection of an application for participation in a FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. tournament.
- Chemical substance addiction or abuse, conviction of a felony or crimes involving moral turpitude, may be grounds for disqualification from competition and for rejecting any application for participation.
- Any angler who violates any of the provisions of the Sportsmanship Rules or the Angler Code of Conduct may be subject to fines, reduction of points, forfeiture of tournament winnings, and suspension from competing in individual FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. sanctioned events, permanent ban from competition or any combination thereof deemed appropriate by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING and or FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.
- KAYAK REGULATION
- Watercraft propulsion is restricted to paddle, pedal, pole, or electric motor. (See electric motor restrictions, below.)
- Unless specifically prohibited, use of electric motors in competition is approved with the following restrictions:
- Electric motor must be attached to the kayak in a safe manner for operation.
- An electric motor used to propel a watercraft may not exceed the lesser of (a.) manufacturer’s labeled Maximum HP/Thrust Capacity, (b.) 3 HP, or (c.) 155 foot-pound thrust.
- Competitors must comply with all boating regulations pertaining to motorized kayak/electric-propulsion watercraft registration, use, and operating restrictions for the designated fishing area.
- Vessel must be 9’ minimum and shorter than 18’.
- Vessel that the manufacturer identifies and sells as a kayak, including inflatable kayaks and modular kayaks, Stand-up paddleboards (SUP) and Canoes.
- Other watercraft specifically approved as exceptions in advance of competition by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING Management
- Catamaran style personal fishing vessels complying with all other regulations will be eligible.
- No “Homemade” Kayaks, Sailboats, Jon boats, pirogues, coracles, rowboats, dinghies, skiffs, float tubes, inflatable rafts, or rigid inflatable boats (e.g., Zodiac), pontoon boats, pontoon-style pond boats, twin-hull watercraft, or similar.
- The use of manual or motorized anchor system is permitted.
- Mothershipping, tethering/holding or any transportation coordination with a non-competitor is strictly prohibited unless approved by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING and or FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. officials due to an emergency situation.
- By officially entering, contestants agree to submit their kayak to an inspection by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. personnel.
- TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT
- All bass must be caught alive in a conventional sporting manner by the angler out of their vessel.
- All lures must adhere to state regulations.
- Only artificial lures may be used, with the exception of pork trailers and biodegradable soft baits.
- Alabama rigs and similar umbrella-type rigs are allowed and are only limited by the laws within the state they are fishing.
- Only ONE fishing rod may be used at a time.
- Each cast must be completed before another cast is allowed and there can never be more than one lure from one rod actively fishing in the water at any time.
- Long-lining and drifting with current/wind are allowed.
- All bass caught while sight-fishing must be hooked inside the mouth.
- No fish are to be kept on stringers. Fish gripping devices are acceptable to temporarily hold fish in the water.
- You may not cast your rod until your previous fish is released.
- PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS
- Restrictions, designated launch points, official tournament waters, and other location mandates may be issued for individual events.
- Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters available to the public and accessible by kayak except areas posted or otherwise designated as “off-limits,” “no boats,” “keep out,” “restricted,” “no trespassing” or “no fishing” (or similar language or markings intended to restrict public access) by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., commercial property owners and/or local, state or federal officials.
- All fishing must be conducted from inside the kayak unless otherwise stated by tournament officials.
- At no time may a contestant leave the kayak to land a fish, photograph/submit a fish or to make the kayak more accessible to fishing waters.
- The cutting of trees, bushes and/or logs after the start of the pre-tournament meeting and/or the removal of official local, state or federal barricades at any time to make an area more accessible by kayak is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification from the tournament.
- Boats may never be tethered to buoys or safety signs.
- The use of cables, ropes, chains or any type of block and tackle system to maneuver a kayak into fishing waters is strictly prohibited.
- Using any items including the kayak or fishing line to block an area off to other competitors or anglers is strictly prohibited.
- Scoring is determined by length using 1/4 inch increments of each contestant’s catch during each tournament day via the Catch, Photograph, and Release (CPR) method.
- Each competitor will be provided with a unique identifier for the tournament.
- The five longest verified lengths will be totaled for the anglers score. Some formats may be changed and will be announced.
- Officials will round down and to the nearest ¼ inch.
- Only the Black Bass Species consisting of the following: Largemouth, Spotted, Guadalupe, Shoal and Smallmouth bass and any hybrid of the above are accepted species.
- The best five (5) fish make up a daily limit.
- All fish must measure a minimum of 12”. Bass submitted that fail to measure 12” with mouth completely closed will not be scored.
- A submitted fish will only count once to an angler’s aggregate score for all days of the tournament.
- MEASURING DEVICE
- All Ketch Product measuring boards are the official, mandatory, measuring devices for the FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series events and its subsidiaries.
- Contestants must bring their own measuring device.
- Your measuring device may be inspected by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. staff at any time before, during, or after the tournament.
- Anyone found to be using a measuring device that is determined to be not legal will be disqualified from the tournament.
- PHOTO CRITERIA
- Anglers must be prepared to manually upload pictures with cables, cords, software, required to download photos via a USB port to the official judge’s computer.
- Each fish photo must include all of the following criteria to avoid penalties or disqualification:
- The entire Bass, from the tip of the lip to the end of the tail, on an approved measuring device, while in a tournament legal vessel.
- Lying with the tip of the lip against the post end of the measuring device.
- The mouth of the Bass must be CLOSED COMPLETELY.
- The tail of the Bass must be lying flat on the board, and will be measured to the longest point.
- Pinching the tail is NOT permitted.
- Bass must be facing to the left, tail to the right, belly toward the angler.
- Measuring device markings must be clearly visible. Including the actual numbers.
- Assigned unique identifier must be clearly visible, ability to read code, not blurry.
- Live in person events must show the whole identifier to be scorable.
- One overhead photo shot frame (not shot at an angle).
- Fish must be clear of any holding devices including fishing lure or hook.
- Lip, eye, and tail cannot be obstructed in the photo, even by your hand or identifier. Tail begins just behind the top and bottom fin of a fish, the ends of these fins must be visible.
- Hand or fingers must not be under the gill plate, touching gills.
- Original/Raw Photo only – Screenshots, Crops, Duplicates and edited photos will be disqualified
- If fish has a visible glossy eye or odd markings it is suggested the angler take video of that fish going from the board, and actively swimming away.
- Any questionable issues with a fish should be immediately brought to the FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING and or FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. official’s attention.
- Quality of the photo submitted is the responsibility of the angler.
**All criteria above must be met to avoid penalties or disqualification **
- SCORING PENALTIES
- Mouth open – 1” deduction
- Lip or tail not touching board: No score
- Rounded down to next ¼ inch mark (No Score if below minimum.)
- Fish not facing left to bump stock. No Score
- ADVANCING TO THE FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. NATION KAYAK SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP (BKSC)
- The top 10% from each From The Depths Fishing Kayak Series national event will advance to the BNKSC.
- State FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation’s holding a FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak series state championship may send the top 10% from their state championship to the BKSC. (must have at least 10 anglers participate, 10% based on unique anglers that participate)
- Top 25 in AOY standings. From The Depths Fishing will work down the AOY list in the case of double qualifications.
- In one-day events, ties will be broken by longest fish, followed by next longest fish until all fish have been accounted. If a tie still exists, the tournament director(s) will divide cash, prizes, and points among the anglers involved in the tie.
- In multi-day events, the largest single day catch will be the first tie breaker. If the tie remains, the tie breaker above goes into effect.
- At the FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series Championship, In case of a tie for overall champion at the end of the tournament, that is not resolved by the tie breakers listed above, there will be a sudden-death fish-off between the tied competitors, under the direction and special rules established by tournament officials.
- Big Bass ties will be broken by next legal largest fish over all days of the tournament, and so on, until the tie has been resolved. In the event that a ties still exists, the winner will be determined by earliest photo submitted of their largest fish.
- TRUTH VERIFICATION TEST
- By registering and/or placing his/her signature on the official tournament entry form, each competitor agrees to submit to a truth verification test and abide by its conclusion should he/she be accused of any rule violation. The FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Tournament Director, rules committee, or such person designated by the Tournament Director, shall have the discretion to determine the need for a truth verification test. Failure of a truth verification examination is not appealable. The FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Tournament Director or his/her designee shall be responsible for selecting an independent expert to administer and interpret the results and establishing, in consultation with the expert administrator, the scope of the questions which may be asked during the test. The FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Tournament Director or his/her designee shall have sole responsibility selecting the location, date, and time of the test nearest FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. headquarters with respect to all concerned parties schedule and travel cost. The competitor shall make himself/herself available at the location selected by the Tournament Director and shall cooperate in all respects with such test. Anglers taking a truth verification test may be responsible for all costs incurred. Random truth verifications tests may be administered on site during the course of a FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Nation Kayak Series Event.
- PROTESTS AND REPORTING PROCEDURES
- Each competitor agrees to report to the Tournament Director immediately any violation or infraction of any tournament rules. Failure to report violations, may be cause for disqualification. OFFICIAL PROTESTS MUST BE FILED IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 1. ALL PARTIES OF INTEREST WILL BE PROVIDED A COPY.
- An appeals committee will be established by FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING and or FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING., which shall be comprised of one FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING and or FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. employee not affiliated with the Tournament Department, and two anglers who are not competitors in the event in question. Appeals must be presented in writing 48 hours from the time and date of ruling to the Tournament Director. Appeals hearings shall take place within seven (7) business days from the date of receipt of the written appeal and all parties must make themselves available at prescribed time of hearing. If competitors admit to a rules violation, they may not file an appeal of either the finding that they have violated the rules or the penalty imposed for the violation. Decisions of the appeals committee shall be final.
- Where and when state laws require income taxes be paid on cash awards to nonresidents, the taxes will be automatically deducted prior to the awards being presented to the winners. Competitors are responsible for all applicable taxes on both cash and merchandise awards. Various States require withholding tax on merchandise be paid upon the awarding of certificates and anglers awarded merchandise certificates in these States are responsible for remitting their tax to FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING. Failure to meet those obligations may result in reduction of Points, fines, and/or disqualification from all future BASS events.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE
- As a condition of participation in each tournament, each competitor must execute a waiver and release of liability, and a name and likeness release.
©2022 FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING
All rights reserved. Reproduction or use of any material in these rules prohibited except by written permission of FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.
FROM THE DEPTHS FISHING.Ò